Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pumping For Charlotte

 Pumping for Charlotte
THEN 12/12
NOW 9/13
Some of you may be familiar with this story as it claimed some national attention. 

 


 
My grandniece, Charlotte Rose suffered a traumatic brain injury at 11 months old.  Her miraculous recovery involved the use of pasteurized, banked breastmilk for 6 months. 
http://wwmdwhatwouldmariado.blogspot.com/2013/01/sharing-miracle_19.html
We started a non-profit and raised 20,000 dollars to buy banked milk.  http://charlottesmiraclemilk.wordpress.com/

Since June, Charlotte has been fed with donated milk from the mothers in my lactation center. To date these selfless mothers have donated 2,500 oz of their miracle milk – our goal is 4,000 as we plan to feed her until she is at least 2 years old.  Charlotte received the milk via cup and GT tube during the night and for naps- 22 oz/day. 
Charlotte & her PEG for feeding

CMM Donor
My CMM freezer!
 
Fed Ex Tom picking up our CMM delivery!


Below is the email I sent to our milk donors when I shipped our first box of CMM!

Dear CMM Pumping Brigade!
 I was overwhelmed with gratitude this morning when I looked at my large freezer full of breastmilk for Charlotte. Brought to tears by your generosity and kindness, I packed our first box of miracle milk - 155 oz!  So far we have collected 836 oz!!!

 There are no words to "express" what this will mean to the life of our little girl, Charlotte Rose.  I have attached a recent picture of her (now 16 mo) exactly 6 months from the date of her injury-
Her astonishing recovery could never have happened without human breastmilk.

 I so appreciate that there is much more than milk in the bags and bottles that you drop off- its liquid love, dedication, commitment.......that's what makes it and you so special <3
Thanks for helping to heal Charlotte as well as me:)